Monday, April 4, 2011

Emily Rooney Exhibition

Thursday March 17, our class took a trip downstairs to the exhibition by Emily Rooney. I was intrigued right away, because I expected a gallery of paintings and "pretty" art like galleries I have seen in the past. But this one was a lot more complex and fascinating than that. I specifically remember what looked like a duster but had a label "Sephora" on it which made me compare it to the idea of beauty versus filth. I also remember grapes covered in a harness, which left me puzzled because I could not find a connection between the two. I think this artist may not have had a goal for that but in my mind, I prefer to make sense of art and for it to be logical, so maybe my thoughts were invented in my own mind and not intended by her. The music also intrigued me because it went well with the mystical atmosphere of the ambiguous art. The exhibition was a brand new experience that I have never really been around and I am glad I got to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment